I recently finished "Looking For Alaska", by: John Green, it had an amazing plot, and was really well written. Many parts stood out a lot to me but there was a quote on page 196 that I really liked.
"but even now, just weeks later, she was slipping away, falling apart in my memory and everyone else's, dying again"
I think that this is very true, when someone dies, the next few weeks or months are difficult because that person is all you can think about. Everything reminds you of them, because you still cant believe it's actually true.
The part about slipping away from people's memory is about how after those months after, you think of them occasionally, but they are no longer the only thing your mind is focused on, even though it will never actually be okay with you, the person's absence as become more normal, and in a way finally accepted.
The part about dying again also relates to the forgetting, because the person physically dies, and then they die with in our minds, not our hearts, we still miss them, but not in the same way.

No comments:
Post a Comment