One of the books I read over the summer was A Long Walk To Water, by: Linda Sue Park. The book consists of two separate stories of children in Africa. Salva's story starts in the 80's, and makes it's way up to meet Nya who lives in present day.
I think that Linda Sue Park portrayed the feelings, and actions of all the characters very well, she based it on a true story, and was actually helped by Salva! Salva looses his family for many years, when the area around his school is being bombed during the war, and he is told to run to stay safe. After making friends with others who had run, he gets the opportunity to move in with an American family in Upstate New York. That was probably my favorite part of the book, because his reactions to technology, the amount of food, and many more things that were completely new to him were written really well.
In conclusion A Long Walk To Water, by: Linda Sue Park is a very good book. In the beginning and middle of the book the characters and plot are very interesting, and entertaining, but in the end, I realized how many things I and people around me take for granted. I think its nice how a true story was capable of teaching us such a deep and important life lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment